Get news, inspiration, and announcements through my professional Facebook page. If you click “like” on this page, you will receive my updates in your Facebook feed a few times a week.
The disclaimer below is designed to protect the confidentiality of my clients and readers. Please be sure you understand your rights before you click “like.”
Benefits of joining!
Clicking the “like” button above will send a few notes per week from me, which will show up on your facebook feed. These updates will include inspirational quotes, links to excellent creative resources, journal prompts, announcements of upcoming events, and more!
But facebook presents unique challenges to my legal and ethical obligations to protect the confidentiality of my clients, past and present. At this time, facebook does not allow me to make my followers invisible. Although I welcome the opportunity to connect with you, clicking “like” indicates your understanding and acceptance of the following terms:
(1) Your connection to this page (including any comments you make or information you share on your own profile) may be made public.
(2) You may change your privacy settings to restrict your visibility on all public pages. However, Facebook makes no guarantee of privacy settings and you should always proceed with caution.
(3) My colleagues, interested students, professionals, and any number of other people may choose to follow this page. You understand that followers are not necessarily current, former, or potential clients and you will not assume that they are.
(4) I will delete content which I find offensive or dangerous to other users.
(5) You will not hold me responsible for any harm which may come to you from your participation on this page.
(6) You agree to contact me directly (not through facebook or other secondary websites) to communicate about sensitive, confidential, or private issues. You may call my confidential phone number, send me an email, or use the the contact form on my website.
(7) Please remember, I have provided other ways for you to be notified of events and information which are less likely to compromise your confidentiality. If you choose not to “like” this page, I recommend that you follow an rss feed of my blog or twitter pages, or sign up for the newsletter.
(8) If you are a current client and “like” this page, we will bring it up in therapy to ensure appropriateness and understanding.